Oral Pathology Group
Click here for information about ordering biopsy kits.
Click here to view a sample report.
For additional information or questions on any of the above, please call Jenny Robison at (317) 274-7668.
Questions about insurance or billing? Contact Lasheka Person at (317) 274-5140.
News and Updates
PECOS REGISTRATION SIMPLIFIED! >>>INSTRUCTIONS UPDATED AS OF MAY 24, 2012!
My name is Jenny Robison and I am here to help you with your PECOS registration. I am asking that you complete your registration ASAP, so that we may accept specimens from your Medicare patients! Once you receive confirmation, please fax the documentation to (317) 274-3346, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (317) 274-7668. Simple instructions on signing up are below.
We mailed a letter to your office in late 2010 explaining that in order to submit biopsies to any lab on Medicare patients, Medicare is requiring that you register with PECOS as a non-Medicare provider (the original deadline for this requirement was July 1, 2011, but Medicare has stated that the due date has been moved further out; a new due date has not been announced).
Medicare has recently changed the registration process for PECOS only providers to a simplified internet-based submission. Please see below for instructions and information.
Advantages of Internet-based PECOS
• Faster than paper-based enrollment (45 day processing time in most cases, vs. 60 days for paper)
• Tailored application process means you only supply information relevant to YOUR application
• Gives you more control over your enrollment information, including reassignments
• Easy to check and update your information for accuracy
• Less staff time and administrative costs to complete and submit enrollment to Medicare
Note: Providers and suppliers must have Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher and have the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader before initiating an enrollment action using Internet-based PECOS.
You will access internet-based PECOS by using the userID and password that your office established when the office applied on-line for a National Provider Identifier (NPI). You would have done this through the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES). If you didn’t establish a userID and password at that time, for example, you may have submitted a paper NPI application and had no reason to establish an online sign-on, or your office has forgotten your User ID or password, you may reference these FAQs for instructions.
Below are instructions for PECOS registration:
- Click https://www.cms.gov/MedicareProviderSupEnroll/04_InternetbasedPECOS.asp.
- Click “Internet-based PECOS” link on the left side of the screen
- Scroll down and click on "Access to Internet-based PECOS" under "Related Links" at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, “Medicare Enrollment for Providers and Suppliers,” click “CONTINUE” at the bottom.
- The next page is “Welcome to the Medicare Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS)”
on this page, SCROLL DOWN to the bottom and log on with your NPPES User ID and password.
- The next screen is Medicare Enrollment for Providers and Suppliers, Home, “Welcome .” Click “my enrollments” and then “new application.”
- Complete and submit the electronic enrollment application. The system will walk you through the application process and supply you with a 2-page Certification Statement.
- You will need to mail the original signed Certification Statement and supporting documents to the Medicare contractor (which will be automatically pre-printed on your form for you) within 7 days of your electronic submission. The effective date of filing an enrollment application is the date the Medicare contractor receives the signed and dated (blue ink recommended) Certification Statement. Note: A Medicare contractor will not process an Internet enrollment application without the signed and dated Certification Statement.
Below are links you may need.
Enrollment example and step-by-step screen views
Once your enrollment is approved, you should receive a letter from Medicare stating that you are registered for the sole purpose of ordering and referring items or services for Medicare patients to other practitioners. Once received, please fax us a copy of this letter to (317) 274-3346.
Please contact me if I can help in any way.
We appreciate your confidence in our practice, and we thank you for going through this process to serve our mutual Medicare patients better.