Oral Pathology Group
Click here for information about ordering biopsy kits.
Click here to view a sample report.
For additional information or questions on any of the above, please call Jenny Robison at (317) 274-7668.
Questions about insurance or billing?Â Contact Lasheka Person at (317) 274-5140.
News and Updates
PECOS REGISTRATION SIMPLIFIED!Â >>>INSTRUCTIONS UPDATED AS OF MAY 24, 2012!
My name is Jenny Robison and I am here to help you withÂ your PECOS registration.Â I amÂ asking that you complete your registrationÂ ASAP, so that we mayÂ accept specimens fromÂ your Medicare patients!Â Once you receive confirmation, please faxÂ the documentation to (317) 274-3346, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or callÂ me atÂ (317) 274-7668.Â Simple instructions onÂ signing upÂ are below.Â
We mailed a letterÂ to your office in late 2010 explaining that in order to submit biopsies toÂ any labÂ on Medicare patients, Medicare is requiring that you register with PECOS as a non-Medicare provider (the original deadline for this requirement was July 1, 2011, but Medicare has stated that the due date has been moved further out; a new due date has not been announced). Â
Medicare has recently changed the registration process for PECOS only providers to a simplified internet-based submission.Â Please see below for instructions and information.
Advantages of Internet-based PECOS
â€˘ Faster than paper-based enrollment (45 day processing time in most cases, vs. 60 days for paper)
â€˘ Tailored application process means you only supply information relevant to YOUR application
â€˘ Gives you more control over your enrollment information, including reassignments
â€˘ Easy to check and update your information for accuracy
â€˘ Less staff time and administrative costs to complete and submit enrollment to Medicare
Note: Providers and suppliers must have Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher and have the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader before initiating an enrollment action using Internet-based PECOS.
You will access internet-based PECOS by using the userID and password that your office established when the office applied on-line for a National Provider Identifier (NPI).Â You would have done this through the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES). Â If you didnâ€™t establish a userID and password at that time, for example, you may have submitted a paper NPI application and had no reason to establish an online sign-on, or your office has forgotten your User ID or password, Â you may reference these FAQs for instructions.Â
Below are instructions for PECOS registration:
- Click https://www.cms.gov/MedicareProviderSupEnroll/04_InternetbasedPECOS.asp.Â
- Click â€śInternet-based PECOSâ€ť link on the left side of the screen
- Scroll down and click on "Access to Internet-based PECOS" under "Related Links" at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, â€śMedicare Enrollment for Providers and Suppliers,â€ť click â€śCONTINUEâ€ť at the bottom.Â
- The next page is â€śWelcome to the Medicare Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS)â€ť Â
on this page, SCROLL DOWN to the bottom and log on with your NPPES User ID and password.Â
- The next screen is Medicare Enrollment for Providers and Suppliers, Home, â€śWelcome .â€ťÂ Click â€śmy enrollmentsâ€ť and then â€śnew application.â€ťÂ
- Complete and submit the electronic enrollment application.Â The system will walk you through the application process and supply you with a 2-page Certification Statement.Â
- You will need to mail the original signed Certification Statement and supporting documents to the Medicare contractor (which will be automatically pre-printed on your form for you) within 7 days of your electronic submission.Â The effective date of filing an enrollment application is the date the Medicare contractor receives the signed and dated (blue ink recommended) Certification Statement. Note: A Medicare contractor will not process an Internet enrollment application without the signed and dated Certification Statement.
Below are links you may need.
Enrollment example and step-by-step screen views
Once your enrollment is approved, you should receive a letter from Medicare stating that you are registered for the sole purpose of ordering and referring items or services for Medicare patients to other practitioners.Â Once received, please fax us a copy of this letter to (317) 274-3346.
Please contactÂ meÂ ifÂ I can help in any way.
We appreciate your confidence in our practice, and we thank you for going through this process to serve our mutual Medicare patients better.