The dental school provides dental treatment for patients at a cost lower than most private doctors’ offices. Treatment is provided by dental students and graduate students who are supervised by licensed dentists.
How to Make a New Patient Appointment
• Call (317) 274-7433 Option #2 (Dental School’s Patient Admitting Office)
• Information needed to make appointment:
o Your legal name
o Date of Birth
o Home address
o A telephone number that is best to reach you
What will be done at the 1st New Patient Appointment
• Screening Exam Only
• X-rays will be taken (If you have had x-rays taken in another doctor’s office recently, bring a copy with you and if the doctor and student determines that the x-rays can be used, you will not be charged for more x-rays).
• Cost for the 1st new patient appointment visit is between $60 - $68.
• Expect to be at your appointment 3 to 3 ½ hours
• NO DENTAL TREATMENT WILL BE DONE AT THE 1ST VISIT
What you will need to bring with you at the 1st New Patient Appointment
• Picture ID
• Emergency Contact Information
• Insurance Card (If you have dental insurance)
• Medicaid Card (If you Medicaid insurance)
• If you do not have dental insurance or Medicaid insurance, you must pay for services by cash, check, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card) the day of your appointment.
• Bring with you the Information Packet that was mailed to you that includes your Parking Permit to park in the Patient Parking lot next to the dental school building.
• Do not bring children with you unless they are supervised by another adult in the waiting room.
Patient Parking - Free parking is available in our patient-only parking lot. You must use your patient parking permit that you'll receive prior to your first visit to the school.
If you have questions regarding patient parking, please call (317) 274-7957.