GI Bill Process
To receive GI Bill education benefits while enrolled at IUSD, follow these steps:
- Complete an¬†application for GI Bill benefits online.¬† The VA will need 8 to 10 weeks to process this application.¬†¬† Questions regarding¬†entitlement/eligiblity¬†should be directed to 1-888-GIBill1 (1-888-442-4551).
- Contact the IUSD VA Certifying Official, in the Office of Graduate Education, DS 280B, upon your arrival to IUSD.¬†¬†¬† If you have received benefits at a prior school, the IUSD VA Certifying Official will provide you with a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, form 22-1995.¬† Please fill out the form and return it to DS 280B.¬†¬† The IUSD VA Certifying Official will also need a copy of your DD-214 Member form, Notice of Basic Eligibility, DD form 2384 (for Reservists and National Guard members), and Certificate of Eligibility (if application for benefits has already been submitted and approved by VA).
- The IUSD VA Certifying Official will then file the claim with the Regional Processing Office in St. Louis.¬† She will also submit a certificate of enrollment prior to each term (summer, fall, spring).
- The VA will mail all correspondence such as payment amounts to the address provided to the IUSD VA Certifying Official.
- Payments for all GI Bill Benefits EXCEPT Chapter 35 will be sent via¬†direct deposit, if account information was provided.¬† For Chapter 35, and those that did not provide direct deposit information, checks will be mailed to the address provided to the IUSD VA Certifying Official.
- Payments will be sent out after the close of each month.¬† Chapter 35 payments will be mailed out the last day of each month.¬† Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 must verify their enrollment with the VA via¬†WAVE¬†or by calling 1-877-VA-E-CERT (1-877-823-2378).¬† Payment will be issued within 3 to 5 business days of verification.¬† Chapter 33, Post 9/11 do not need to verify their enrollment. via WAVE.
- If your address is changed, you will need to contact both the Regional Processing Office with the VA at 1-888-GIBill1 (1-888-442-4551) as well as the IUSD VA Certifying Official.