Mission, Goals and Vision Statement
The mission of the Indiana University School of Dentistry (IUSD) is to advance the oral health and general overall health of the people of the State of Indiana and others worldwide through excellence in teaching and learning, research and creative activities, patient care, civic engagement and service.
To be one of the best Dental Schools for the 21st Century.
Teaching and Learning
- Attract and support a well prepared and diverse student population for the dental assisting, dental hygiene, pre-doctoral dental and postdoctoral, graduate, specialty and research programs.
- Enhance student learning and develop graduates who are highly competent clinicians, critical thinkers and lifelong learners who are ethical, socially responsible, and culturally sensitive professionals of general dentistry, the dental specialties, other relevant postdoctoral disciplines, dental hygiene, and dental assisting.
- Attract quality faculty and provide support to enhance effective teaching and learning in clinical, laboratory, classroom, and service-learning settings.
Research and Creative Activities
- Excel in high-quality, innovative research and scholarly activities, which engage faculty, students and staff, attract external funding, increase our national standing, and lead to improvements inÂ oral and overall health.
- Provide a comprehensive spectrum of evidence-based, quality oral health services to individuals from any socioeconomic or cultural group.
Civic Engagement and Service
- Serve local, state, national, and international communities through partnerships involving clinical care, service-learning, and community engaged scholarship in addition to serving the university and the profession.
Approved by IUSD Faculty Council 9/2012