Welcome to the Office of Academic Affairs
Define and implement the best curricula to graduate highly competent oral health care professionals in the State of Indiana for the 21st Century.Â (from âMission and GoalsâÂ for IUSD)
Mission for the Office of Academic Affairs:
The mission of the Office of Academic Affairs is to plan, support and evaluate all aspects of the dental education curriculum at IUSD. Â Areas of activity include ensuring that all dental education programs maintain their fully accredited status by the Commission on Dental Accreditation at all times including organization and preparation of reports relating to accreditation; administer the academic policies for the School; review, modify and implement the dental curriculum for our outstanding teaching programs at all levels- certificate, undergraduate, pre-doctoral and graduate- within the School of Dentistry; and provide administrative support forÂ the Curriculum and Assessment Committee.Â The Office also provides academic scheduling, as well as maintaining the individual course grades and syllabi for the pre-doctoral program. The Office of Academic Affairs has the principal responsibility for conducting regular assessment of all academic programs to assure desired outcomes.Â It also promotes research, innovation and scholarly publication focusing on the educational mission and related technologies as developed by or carried out in the School of Dentistry.
The Office of Academic Affairs is responsible for overseeing all academic programs for IU School of Dentistry.Â The Office will have the following duties:
- Ensure that all education programs operate in a manner which will maintain their fully accredited status by the Commission on Dental Accreditation at all times
- Lead the preparation and self-study process to undergo the next pre-doctoral accreditation site visit.
- Administer academic policies for the School of Dentistry
- Review, modify and implement the dental curriculum for our outstanding teaching programs at all levels
- Provide administrative support for the schoolâs Curriculum and Assessment Committee
- Conduct regular assessment of all academic programs to assure desired outcomes