Phone (317) 274-5420
Fax (317) 278-1438
Indiana University School of Dentistry
Department of Pediatric Dentistry
1121 W. Michigan St. DS 220H
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Judith Renee Chin, DDS, MS, holds the position of Associate Professor (tenure-track) in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry at Indiana University School of Dentistry (IUSD). After receiving her dental degree from IUSD in 1994, she worked as a general dentist in Indianapolis as well as a Clinical and Laboratory Research Associate at the Oral Health Research Institute. In 1997, she entered the certificate and MS program in Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Illinois in Chicago. In 1999, she accepted a National Institute of Health postdoctoral Fellowship in Craniofacial Anomalies at the University of California San Francisco. In 2000, she accepted a tenure-track position as Associate Professor at IUSD. She was promoted to Associate Professor in 2006 and received tenure in 2007. She participates on a national level on the Council of Clinical Affairs and Continuing Education Committee for the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
1. R. McDonald, D. Avery, G. Stookey, J. Chin, J. Kowolik. “Dental Caries in the Child and Adolescent”, Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent, 9th edition, Chapter 10, 2010, pgs. 177-204
2. M. Fontana,* D. Catt, G. Eckert, S. Ofner, M. Toro, R. Gregory, A. Zandona, H. Eggertsson, R. Jackson, J. Chin, D. Zero, C. Sissons. “ Xylitol: Effects on the Acquisition of Cariogenic Species in Infants”, Pediatric Dentistry, Vol 31, May 2009, pgs. 257-266
3. J. Chin*, A. Westerman, C. Palenik, G. Eckert. “Contamination of Handpieces during Pulpotomy Therapy on Primary Teeth”, Pediatric Dentistry, Vol. 31, Jan 2009, pgs. 71-75
4. J. Chin*, S. Herd , S. Ofner and C.Palenik. “The in vivo contamination of air-driven low-speed handpieces with prophylaxis angles” Journal of the American Dental Association, Oct 2007, 138: 1360-1365.
5. J.R. Chin*, C.H. Miller , and C.P. Palenik. “Internal Contamination of Air-driven Low-speed Handpieces with Attached Prophy Angles”, Journal of the American Dental Association. Sep 2006, pgs. 1275-80
6. ** D.T. Zero*, J.Z. Zhang, D.S. Harper, M. Wu, S. Kelly, J. Waskow and M. Hoffman. “The Remineralizing Effect of an Essential Oil Fluoride Mouthrinse In an Intraoral Caries Test”, Journal of the American Dental Association. 135:231-237, 2004
Research and Educational Interests