Indiana Dental College (IDC) Timeline *


1915 - 1924

YearEvents

1915


IDC students form a basketball team called The Dents. Opponents include Butler University, Wabash College & Central Normal

Copy_of_1918bbteam_small1.jpg


The annual yearbook, Ident, a student publication, is revived


Dr. Howard Raper writes one of the first textbooks on radiology.

Copy_of_HRaper_small.jpg

1917


IDC catalog indicates a four-year curriculum to begin in the fall of 1919.

1918


Leaves of absence are granted for military service to Dean Henshaw and other faculty members.

Copy_of_FHenshaw1_small.jpg


The Board of Trustees accepts a contract for a Student Army Training Corps unit.


1919


Dr. Henshaw returns as Dean and is appointed to the Indiana State Board of Health.


Student tuition increases to $175.


The Student Council forms.


Dental curriculum expands to four years

1920


The school moves to a building at southeast corner of Walnut and Pennsylvania streets.

Copy_of_1920loc_small.jpg

1923


Dr. Henshaw calls a meeting of the entire faculty to outline plans for a new American Association of Dental Schools and to discuss its potential impact on private schools.

1924


Dr. Henshaw announces that the Indiana Dental College would last one more year.


Rating of the College by the Dental Education Council is withheld until a final decision can be made about the purchase of the school by the state.

            *Source: IndianaUniversity School of Dentistry Alumni Bulletin, v. 10 no. 4, Spring 1996

[Back to IDC 1900-1914]    [Back to Special Collections]    [IU School of Dentistry 1925-1939]